Friday, October 10, 2008

Cohiba Coronas Especiales


While waiting for a flight out of Carrasco International Airport in Montevideo, Uruguay, I stopped by the Duty Free shop and picked up a five pack of Cohiba Coronas Especiales (Cuba). The price was expensive, but not too far out of line. I told myself that I would enjoy these back in Brazil while finishing up my vacation. Anyway, a few days go by and after dinner one night I lite one of these up - UGH! Not a good start. There was a bite, plus the cigar is packed so tight that it's hard to draw any smoke out of the dang thing. Jeez! I hope this gets better? Unfortunately it didn't. This was probably the tightest packed cigar I've smoked. I tried a couple of tricks to open it up a little, but no luck. What a waste. So then I start to think that this was maybe just a reject and that the other 4 that I had would be superior smokes. NO DICE... I smoked 4 out of 5 of them and they were all identical, crappy, which leads me to believe that either these were all rejects or maybe this was how they were supposed to taste and draw. So if you like a cigar that is extremely difficult to draw any smoke out of and one that taste like crap, this must have been made for you. Of course, that's just my personal opinion, I'm no expert.
The 5th cigar I left in a cigar box at the house in Brazil. Maybe when I go back in a year or so I'll smoke it then. We'll see...
Rating: 2


No comments: