Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cohiba (Republica Dominicana)


I was over at Redmond Town Center the other day and just happen to stop by the cigar /wine store that's located on the back side of the Mall. I walked in and greeted the person behind the counter, then I proceeded to the humidor. I immediately picked up this Cohiba, which I just happen to be smoking right now, but I also picked up a Rocky Patel, which I'll save for another night.

First, let me say this about my Cohiba - I wasn't wearing my reading glasses when I picked up the cigar, so I thought the price was only $8.75, and of course I wasn't really paying attention at the check out counter so I didn't notice that the price was actually $18.75. When I got home and looked at the receipt I said to myself "WTF??" That'll teach me for not bringing my glasses with me.
OK, so was this cigar worth the price? Maybe... It was truly a GREAT cigar, smooth, tasty, mild, not a hint of a bite, just pure smoking pleasure, really, really a good smoke, but Holy Cow, that was expensive. You'd think I was smoking a Cuban for that price! And I have smoked many a Cuban Cohibas, so I kind of know the cost ratio. Anyway, I'd have to say that Cohibas are right up at the top of my list as far as perfection goes, but you sure tend to pay for it. Would I buy one of these again? Heck yes! But of course I'll save them for special occassions. It's a fine cigar indeed...
Rating: 9.9

No comments: