Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rocky Patel Sun Grown



After what seems like months of crappy weather, today was absolutely beautiful, crystal clear blue sky and it actually felt warm for a change. What a difference a little nice weather makes on your whole outlook on life. I got a ton of stuff done in the yard and had time to wash and wax the FX35. (Mama's car, she's happy now)
So I picked up a bottle of Baltika 3 (Russian beer) and decided that I'd smoke this Rocky Patel tonight. When I first lit it up, it had kind of a bite to it, not the best taste in my mouth, but now after having smoked it for the last 30 minutes, it has really turned out to be a GREAT smoke. It's a little stronger than what I'm used to, but extremely tasty. The smoke just billows out, not like some cigars that you draw in and no smoke comes out. I've smoked many Rocky Patels before, but this is turning out to be one of my new favorites. I don't know if the beer influences how the cigar will turn out, but this particular selection has paired quite nicely with what I'm smoking tonight. So, if you can find a bottle of Baltika and a Rocky Patel Sun Grown cigar, I think you'll be in for a nice treat. The perfect way to end the weekend.
My rating: 9.1

Posted by Picasa

No comments: