Sunday, February 8, 2009

H.Upman 1844


Sitting out on the deck tonight, enjoying a glass of Scotch and this H.Upman 1844. You'll notice from the photo that it's wrapped in cedar, so I decided to lite this up the Cuban way - take a strip of the cedar and lite it, then lite up your cigar with it. I don't know if makes any difference, but the ritual has always been interesting to me. First impressions of this cigar - not bad. It's a hair stronger than what I'm used to, but it's smooth tasting. In fact it's continued to be smooth tasting throughout. Really a nice way to end the week - just finished a spectacular dinner, drinking a good (not great) glass of Scotch and a cigar that I didn't think was going to be all that hot, which has turned out to be one of the better varieties in my humidor.My Rating: 8

No comments: