Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ambos Mundos

So it snowed a bit yesterday, UGH... Luckily today it has all melted away, unfortunately they say more is on the way. Jeez, you'd think this was Colorado!
Today was kind of cool because my son took me out for ice cream, then bowling and then we went and road on those Formula 1 go karts. GOD, that was a BLAST! What an adrenaline rush. My son really knows how to please his old man.
So I was in Georgetown on Thursday and Terry the cigar rep just happened to be at Rain City Cigars dropping off a few items. I talked to him for a bit and he recommended a few different cigars, which of course I bought, but he also gave me a cigar out of his bag that isn't even on the market yet, he thought I might like it - Ambos Mundos. So here I am today with my German beer and this cigar that I've never heard of. Hmmm? Let's see how it taste. I lite it up, slowly, making sure that I give this cigar a chance to wow me. As I'm lighting it up, my senses are already kicking in, "I like this", this is really nice". I take a look at the cigar after it's perfectly lit and think "where have you been all of my life?" I take a big swig of my beer, which I might add is spectacular, and puff some more on the cigar. Man, this is really a good smoke - smooth as hell, extremely flavorful, in fact I like this cigar so much that I might have to make room for a box of these in my humidor, next to my Olivas. Did I say that I was going to put these next to my Olivas? Yikes, I can't believe I said that, but it's true, these cigars are moving right up to the top of my "must have" list. The cigar continues to WOW me all the way to the finish and I am totally in love with it. I definitely will buy them.
My rating: 9.99

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joann said...

Just happened onto your blog by blog hopping!! I don't make it a habit of puffing cigars, but had my first taste of one this past summer when my son bought one that was flavored (mango, maybe?). He was curious, and so was I, we took a few puffs and put it out... won't be doing that again... LOL!! Just not my thing, but glad you enjoy them.

Ozymandius said...

Whoa did yo say next to your Olivas?!?!?
Now the Series O is my favorite cigar, I guess I will have to try out 1 of these out. Always on the lookout for some nicetightash :)