Sunday, March 15, 2009

Volcano Cigars

An interesting end to the week, today I woke up and looked outside only to see an inch of snow on the ground, and it was still snowing. What month is this again?!?? No worries, it's all gone now, but it's been pretty darn windy out - gust to 25 knots. I saw the lights flicker a few times, but the power stayed on. (of course it stayed on, I've got a generator that will power the whole house - still never had to use it)
OK, so a friend of mine just returned from Hawaii and brought us a few gifts - flowers, chocolates, a typical Hawaiian cutting board, some sand and this cigar that I'm smoking tonight. Volcano cigars. Ever heard of them before? I doubt it. This one is the Chocolate Mac Nut Flavored variety. Yes, you heard me correctly. I opened the glass tube that the cigar came in and immediately smelled the chocolate aroma. I said to myself: "is this for real?" So I grabbed a glass and took out the Balvenie Single Malt Scotch - might as well bring out the big guns if I'm going to smoke a chocolate cigar. (grin) Anyway, I take the cigar out and there's that chocolate smell again, too weird. I light it up thinking that somehow this is going to taste like chocolate as well - no, no dice. It taste just like a normal cigar, not even the wrapper has a chocolate taste, which I guess is good, because if it did I would have chucked it by now. The cigar is somewhat mild, a little tasty, burns well, heck, it's not bad! (did I say that out loud?) I can't say that I would go out of my way to buy one of these, but since it was given to me I think the least I could do is smoke it down to the nub. I'm enjoying it, of course the Balvinie Scotch might have had helped with this evaluation.
My Rating: 7.8
Posted by Picasa

No comments: