Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tatuaje


Busy day! Started off with our four mile walk - we've got a little course that goes from our house down to Kid Valley, back through downtown Kirkland and then up the hill to the house. It's how we start our weekend mornings. When we got back we both started working in the yard, I needed to pressure wash the decks and the patio behind the house and my lovely wife got stuck weeding. (I think I got the better of the two jobs!) When we finally finished more than three hours later, we were kind of beat and hungry, so we drove down to Starbucks for coffee and something to munch on. Without a doubt the Houghton Starbucks is the best Starbucks I've ever been to. For some unknown reason the coffee (Mocha) there is better than any other Starbucks. I asked the gals behind the counter how come their coffee taste so much better? They laughed, but appreciated the compliment.
So after coffee and a few other little odd ball things that we had to do, we went back down to the waterfront just to stroll along the lake. It was a pretty nice day, hazy, but temperature was in the mid 60's (finally). After we'd walked for a while my wife said that she was going to go into one of the clothing stores and have a look around. Well, since my wife never goes into a clothing store for less than 15 minutes, I thought it was a perfect time to lite up this Tatuaje that I had brought along with me. She went in the store and I stayed out in front and lit up my cigar. First puffs were not the greatest. Pretty harsh right at first and the taste left in mouth was bad, but I gave it a little time to mellow out and as time went by the cigar that was so strong when I first lit it, really developed into a fine afternoon smoke. I've smoked this brand before and they've always been just on the edge of being too strong for me, but this one I really liked. I'm starting to wonder if my taste for cigars is changing? It seems like I'm leaning more towards the medium to full-bodied cigars now? Interesting.
My wife came out of the store (no extra bags - Neat-O!) and we decided to walk down to the marina where I'd finish my cigar. We walked out on the dock and checked out all the boats. My neighbor Dave was down there in his boat with his son and a friend from out of town. We talked to him for a while and of course he asked when we were going to get together for a Scotch and cigar? (Soon Dave, soon...) So the whole time that we're talking to Dave, his son is goofing around on the dock with a water gun. The only problem was that he was filling it up from the lake - the distance from the dock to the water was pretty significant. So you probably already guessed what happened? Yep, he fell into the lake! Luckily he didn't panic and sink to the bottom. Dave and I immediately ran over and put out our hands to his son, he grabbed on and we pulled him out in one clean jerk. Poor kid, totally soaked with all his clothes on - guess he learned a little lesson today.
We said our farewells and continued on our little walk. My cigar was down to the nub and I was enjoying it so much that I that I didn't want to put it out. Heck, any more and I think I would have needed a roach clip. When I first lit this up I would have never guessed that it would have turned out to be so good. I think I might just buy one of these again.
My rating: 8.9

No comments: