Sunday, June 21, 2009

Partagas Spanish Rosado



Today is Father’s Day, at least that’s what it says on the calendar. My dad passed away a few years back, my daughter is vacationing in Columbia and who knows where my son is. Thus, it’s just another day.
Since I’m not doing anything special, I grabbed a fine cigar and headed out to the deck. On the way I picked-up a bottle of Negra Modelo beer, some salami and one of my favorite cheeses. I’m ready. The Partagas that I’m smoking looks a little more kick-ass than what I usually smoke, it has a dark leaf wrapper and it’s tightly packed. I don’t see any imperfections or feel any soft spots, so I guillotine cut the end and lite it up. Not bad, I know this is a full bodied cigar from my first few puffs though. The draw is not bad, but you do have to work it a bit, also the burn is a little uneven. No big deal. I eat a little more food and sip my cold beer. Sharp cheese seems to compliment this cigar perfectly. I would have brought out the single malt, but I drank enough booze last night; we had friends over for dinner. Unfortunately these were not cigar friends, so today is the first cigar that I’ve smoked all week! Amazing!
Towards the end of the cigar the full bodied taste turn into kind of a nasty cigar, so I slowed down a bit and took my time trying finishing it off. I went as long as I could, but I had to say “bye-bye” to the last third of the cigar - I didn’t like what it was turning into. Too bad, I hate doing that.
Final thoughts - in my opinion this six inch cigar was just OK. I’m sure there are folks out there that must love these, but not me. Would I call it a silky smooth cigar, the kind of cigar that has that creamy smoke? Are you kidding me? This cigar would slap you just for thinking those thoughts!
My Rating: 5




2 comments:

Leif said...

That is to bad that cigar was not good. It looks so good and I really like the color of the wrapper.

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

I've got another Partagas in my humidor, hopefully this one will change my mind about Partagas cigars. We shall see...