Monday, July 13, 2009

Perdomo2 Limited Edition 2008

Another great cigar weekend! It started on Thursday night with a La Gloria Cubana cigar. I’ve never tried one of these before, I’ve seen them many times and been tempted to buy them, but I never thought they’d be any good. Well, this cigar turned out to be an excellent smoke, really surprised me! I’m not going to rate this as one of my favorites, but for the money it was well worth it.
Friday we drove up to Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver, BC, (Canada). We had a wedding to go to on Saturday afternoon.
Interesting fact - I was born in Seattle and I’m a true Seattleite, but there is one city that is prettier than Seattle on a clear blue sky day: Vancouver, British Columbia. I kid you not. If you’ve been in BC before, you know what I’m talking about.












Anyway, Friday night I was lucky enough to have time to smoke a Cohiba Maduro. We went out to dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant, which is located right on the water in Horseshoe Bay. Not bad food, unbelievable views of the mountains and water, plus the temperature was in the 80’s. Absolutely perfect! I must admit that the Cohiba Maduro was a bit stronger than my normal smokes, but it was worth every puff. I’m glad I ate that big dinner though. Thank God....
Saturday was the wedding and afterwards we drove back to Kirkland, so we didn’t get home until late Saturday night. Yes, no cigar on Saturday.
Sunday night we had friends over for dinner. I cooked up a little something and my better half made the dessert. I thought everything turned out quite good, except it was pouring down rain outside. I guess the grass and plants needed it.
So this brings me to the cigar that I smoked last night: Perdomo 2, LE 2008. My fellow Aficionado had the Perdomo Patriarch Pyramid, both dark wrapper cigars. I brought out a bottle of Pyrat rum, Balvenie scotch and a bottle of Brazilian moonshine. We started with the sweet rum and lit our cigars. My LE was perfect in every way - burned right on the money, excellent draw, billows of smoke, smooth, not exceptionally strong, and a taste that would continue to surprise me the whole way. No complaints, of course I was feeling no pain with all the booze that I brought out. What a great evening though, didn’t get to bed until 12:30 AM, on a Sunday - Holy Cow, I had to get up at 7:00 AM. too! I was dragging all day, but it was well worth it. In fact, I think I might be doing it again next Sunday?
My Rating: 9

No comments: