Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nat Sherman Suave Torpedo



It's turning out to be a great weekend - temp was near 90º yesterday and it looks like it'll continue for a few more days. What a complete turnaround from last weekend, yes the Holiday weekend, where it did nothing but rain. Generally speaking, this has turned out to be one of the better Summers, of course after the winter that we had, 17 snow days compared to the usual 5, I think we kind of deserve a nice Summer.

So last night, Cigar Night, we went down to the Tobacco Patch to see what was happening downtown. First we had to stop by Caffe Ladro for dessert and a mocha. By the way, I noticed that the downtown Tulley's was closed down the other day. I'm not sure if it's closed for good or just being remodeled - all the windows were covered with paper. So that means that in a 2 block downtown radius there are only 4 coffeehouses now. What will we do! Anyway, we had our dessert and brought the mocha over to the Patch to drink while I enjoyed my cigar.

So what did I think about the Nat Sherman Suave? Well, I thought it was going to be a super mild cigar, mainly because the wrapper is so light in color, but it turned out to be an extremely smooth medium bodied smoke - I liked it! It had all the qualities I like - great taste, excellent draw, volumes of smoke and no bite. The only issue I had with it was that I had to re-lite it a couple of times, not a big deal, but kind of inconvenient. Now you might be asking yourself: "Why did he pick this one?" Well, I didn't actually, it was given to me - I would have never picked a cigar with this color wrapper. So my new motto is: "Never judge a cigar by it's wrapper." Heck, never judge it by it's label either!
My Rating: 8.5

Till next time -






Powered by ScribeFire.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: