Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One good, one bad...

You know I don't think I've ever smoked a bad Oliva cigar, but I had my first one over this past weekend. I couldn't really tell you which variety it was since the label has no distinguishing features. (other than the Oliva name)


But what I do know is that this was really a crappy cigar. It had a bite right from the get-go and it never stopped. UGH!! I got this cigar with a 5 pack sampler that I bought from CI. I should really know better than to buy samplers - there's always a terd in the bunch. Oh well, the price was right.

Anyway, now on the brighter side, I did smoke one really nice cigar, one that I would recommend: Sol Cubano Connecticut. (made by Oliva)


This beauty rates in the top 10 on my Cigar Favorites list. I thought it would be similar to the Oliva Connecticut, but it turned out to be a stronger, more flavorful blend. If you hold this next to the Oliva CT, you'll notice that it does indeed have a darker wrapper, but boy is it a smooth blend. I loved it! If you like Oliva's, you're going to really enjoy this puppy. It's pretty special.

My Rating: 9.5

On the restaurant front -

Stopped by the 13 Coins in Seattle on Monday, we had lunch/breakfast with some friends from out of town. I haven't been to the Coins in years, but it hasn't changed a bit, it's still one of the best restaurants in Seattle. My dad used to have an office in the building next door, I still remember having lunch with him when I was just a punk. Yes, this place has been around forever! I still love it - the food is always perfect!
Also, I found the best place on the Eastside for Pho - I Love Pho in Factoria. Some good friends took us there on Sunday night. I recommend the Beef Pho with extra beef. MMMMmmmmm.... Mighty good, especially if you know how to add all the condiments to it. Be careful not to add too much hot sauce.




Powered by ScribeFire.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: