Monday, September 13, 2010

Alec Bradley Family Blend VR1

I heard on the TV the other day that it rained here on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. This caught my attention because I had all 3 Holidays off, and I also heard that this year we've only had 55 days where the temperature has gone above 70ยบ, that's compared to the normal 84 days. Yes, suicide weather indeed. I'm really looking forward to our 228 days of cloudy skies. :)

On a more positive note, I was on vacation last week, kind of a working vacation - we're in the process of remodeling our master bathroom. JEEZ, that's a ton of work. Anyway, since I was off all week, I had plenty of time to kick back and lite up a few fine cigars. Yes of course I'm still smoking the Oliva's, but I did smoke my Padron Family Reserve 1964, 45 year Anniversary cigar that my wife picked out for me.
OH LORD, that was a good cigar. One of these days I'm going to have to swing by the Bellevue Tobacco Patch and thank those guy for pointing this cigar out to her. "Thank-you!" That has to be one of Padron's best smokes. The only problem is the price $$$. Heck, you only live once, right?

I wanted to tell you about another cigar that I tried the other day: Alec Bradley Family Blend VR1,  5 1/2 x 50
I bought 5 of these for practically nothing on a cigar auction site. I don't know how they can price them so cheap and still offer free shipping. Anyway, I couldn't pass this deal up, plus I've never tried any of the Alec Bradley cigars.

So what did I think? I liked it! Heck, for the money I loved it! I've smoked a couple of these already and both were very good medium bodied cigars, no problem with the draw, and a rich creamy smoke, maybe a little peppery in places, but overall a cigar that I was very happy with.

Would I buy them again? If I see them for the same price that I bought them for, without a doubt.

Would I recommend these over an Oliva? No. Sorry... ;)

My Rating: 8

Side note:
I went to lunch the other day at the Ipanema Brazilian Grill in Seattle. I think it's still the only churrascaria in the Puget Sound area. Anyway, if you haven't tried a Brazilian barbecue before, you ought to give this a try. It's not quite the same as in Brazil, but for the Pacific Northwest it was terrific! It's located across the street from the Seattle Art Museum (SAM).

2 comments:

Chris said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I'll have to keep following it along and check it out more often.

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

Thanks for the comments Chris!