Friday, November 26, 2010

Snow before Thanksgiving?

I can't remember the last time I saw it snow here before Thanksgiving? Maybe when I was a teenager? Only a couple inches on the Eastside this week, but boy it sure crippled the Puget Sound area for a few days. Jeez, I even took the bus to work one day!


Before I forget, I wanted to tell you about a couple of pretty good cigars that I smoked over the weekend. The first one I picked up in Georgetown at Rain City Cigars, they were having a promotional event last week for Macanudo Cru Royale label, so I bought 2 and got one free. I'm a sucker for this stuff. Anyway, I smoked this one down at the Patch on Friday night.


My thoughts? Meh, it was alright. Medium bodied cigar with an OK taste, but I didn't think it was anything special. I've got a couple more of these to try, different sizes, but I'm guessing that they'll be pretty much the same,
My Rating: 7.5

One cigar brand that I've been meaning to try for a long time now are Gurkha cigars. My son told me about a new wine and cigar shop that opened up in the Totem Lake area, I thought I'd check it out and that's where I found this Gurkha's. What the heck, I bought one. I think it cost me $12..50 or so.


The Gurkha G3


For me this cigar started out a little rough - draw wasn't all that great and it was a tad harsh, however, around the midway point the cigar opened up and the flavor really started to flow. I smoked this right down to the nub - very nice finish. I seriously had a hard time putting it down. Would I buy one of these again? Not this particular blend, but I'd love to try one of the others. Technically I enjoyed it, I just didn't like the start.
My Rating: 7.9

Anyway, I hope you have a GREAT Thanksgiving this year - lords knows I've got a lot to be thankful for!

Let's do this again soon....

UPDATE: Ok, so I smoked the other two Macanudo (Cru Royale) cigars that I had and I can honestly say that they were indeed an average cigar. The last one I smoked yesterday turned out to be a little more full bodied than the others, but still it wasn't quite my type of cigar. I doubt I'll buy these again. Sorry...

No comments: