Monday, May 30, 2011

The Perfect Cigar


It's not often that I smoke a cigar that I would consider to be "perfect" in every category, but believe it or not I think I smoked one yesterday. I've got to tell you that this wasn't your run-of-the-mill cigar though, it was hand-rolled by Felipe Sosa, world-renowned cigar roller and a creator of THE MASTER cigars for Toraño Cigar company. Yes indeed, this was a very special cigar and I've been itching for an opportunity to smoke it ever since it was handed to me.

Details? Well, there's the problem, I don't have any. My friend Alex with Toraño Cigars gave me the lowdown on how special this cigar was, but idiot me wasn't paying attention. Oh well. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

When I say that it was perfectly rolled, that's an understatement - it was masterfully rolled. Have you ever picked up a cigar and you just knew that it was going to be a big hit because of the way it felt in your hand? This was one of those cigars. Solid, good weight, perfect size (Churchill?), flawless wrapper, everything that only a perfectionist would know when he rolled this "hunk of love". Yes, that's right, I wasn't holding a cigar, I was holding a masterpiece.

I gave it a guillotine cut - it sliced through like butter - Nice...

First puff - Heaven... Medium to full-bodied, smooth as hell, excellent draw, perfect burn, plus it's a major smoke bomb. I loved it! You know it's nice when a cigar lives up to your expectations.

Anyway, the cigar continued on its flawless path to glory and I enjoyed every minute of it. I kept saying to myself - "WOW"...

My Rating: 10

PS - The photo below was taken at the Toraño cigar event at the Vertigo Club by my good friend Herman "Sir Godfather". Great shot of Alex and Felipe from Toraño Cigars!


Thanks again John for putting the event together for us - what a great time!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a great cigar. I really wanted to get one but I wasn't going to buy a box to get one. Oh well. Maybe some other time.

I went on a camping trip over the holiday weekend. I didn't get much smoking in as I was hoping. Smoked 2 cigars the whole time. One was the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 and it actually stayed nicely lit without a problem the whole way through. The other was a freebie I got from last year at the Smoke Easy. It was some coffee infused one. I smoked that in the morning. It was alright. Wish I smoked more while I was camping...oh well.

Hopefully I can get down to the Patch soon. I'll be going to Vegas next month too. I think I already told ya that, can't remember. I'll be sure to hit up the nice lounge down there.

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

I was down at the Patch last Friday, but the rest of the weekend was booked up. Oh well.

Two places to check out when you go to Vegas:
Casa Fuente Cigars/Forum
Rhumbar/Mirage

Great spots to enjoy a cigar!

I'll send you a txt next time I head down to the Patch for a cigar, OK?

Chris said...

Cool. No promises that I can make it this weekend. I'm already going out Sunday evening for a cigar and dinner with the Cohiba Club guys again. Wife won't let me off that hook that easy...but we'll see. Supposed to be nice this weekend! Just looked and says 70s. About time!

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

About time indeed!

If I don't see you this weekend, have fun with the Cohiba gang - that should be fun!