Monday, June 6, 2011

La Aroma de Cuba

Beautiful sunny weekend here in Kirkland. Yes, you heard me correctly, it was gorgeous - temps in the mid to upper 70's and a nice little breeze out of the north. Doesn't get any better than this!

Anyway, I tried out three different varieties of La Aroma de Cuba over the weekend...

Friday
Mi Amor - Magnifico  6 x 52
Excellent! Loved it!

Saturday
EE Edicion Especial #5 - 5.5 x 52
Meh.. Didn't really like this one. Kind of a nasty taste to it.

Sunday
Belicoso - 5.5 x 52
Excellent! Love it!

All three of these cigars are medium to full-bodied, so they are considerably more complex than the mild Oliva's that I like to smoke. The Mi Amor and the Belicoso were fantastic and I'd gladly buy them again, but the "EE", well I smoked it, but I didn't really care for it. Seriously, it left a bad-ass taste in my mouth.

Oh well...

Side Note: I read in the Lit Cigar Lounge Newsletter that someone other than myself won the Partagas humidor that they were giving away. Darn-it!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hoping the weather holds out this weekend. I think I'll be able to make it down to the Patch if you plan to go Friday evening.

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

I'm planning on it, however if it's raining I think we might head up to the Lit Lounge. I'll keep you posted...