Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beautiful weekend - Finally!

Gorgeous weekend, temp in the mid 80's, beautiful blue sky. Of course it's raining again today, but boy it sure was nice!

Anyway, so this gal I work with came over to my desk the other day and dropped off a cigar. She said that it belonged to an old boy friend or ex-something-or-other", I wasn't paying attention when she was talking, I never do, anyway, I took a look at the label and thought to myself: "Now who can I pawn this off on?" You see she handed me a Thompson's cigar. I mean I've never actually smoked one before, but I'm guessing that this is going to be one of those nasty smokes that you can buy for just about nothing. Very cheap indeed...


So the cigar bounced around the office a bit, no one wanted it, even for free no one wanted it. Jeez! So I took it home and put it in my humidor, making sure that it didn't touch any of my premium smokes. ;)

Skipping ahead - Saturday afternoon, I had some free time and it was absolutely beautiful outside, so I grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and took a look in the humidor for something nice. Oh what the hell - I grabbed the ugly duckling and headed out on the deck.

Thompson Corojo Cubano Lonsdale

So here's what their website says:

Corojo Cubano is a handmade combination filler cigar in a delicious Corojo wrapper for less than what you'd expect to pay for a machine-made drug store cigar. This handmade cigar is made from a delectable blend of Dominican Piloto Cubano and Olor combination fillers, Dominican binder, and a beautiful and oh-so-rich smoking Honduran Corojo wrapper.

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

Well, I've got to tell you that I actually liked it. Hah! Go figure! I mean, it's not on the top of my Hit-Parade, but for what these actually cost, it's definitely an OK cigar. Smooth, good draw, somewhat mild, and no nasty taste. Surprise, surprise!

Would I go out of my way to buy one? No, it was good, but not that good, plus I can afford a little luxury in my life. :)

My Rating: 7+


Smoked an Ashton Cabinet #6 - 5 1/2 x 50 on Friday night down at the Patch with the gang. Nice to see Chris and Dan again. Anyway, it was a good smoke, but honestly I've tasted much better from Ashton. This one  tasted a lot like La Aroma de Cuba EE series. My opinion remains the same: Meh...

No comments: