Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nadi Cigars


Well, the 14 inches of snow that we had on our deck is just about gone, it's been raining pretty good over the weekend. Never thought I'd wish for rain. You see to get to my place, you've got to go up and down a few pretty steep hills, including the street that I live on - my little car just doesn't cut it in this crap. On the other hand, my wifey-poo's car (FX35) will go just about anywhere, so thankfully I don't have to worry too much about her getting around. Anyway, looks like we're back to our normal Seattle weather. (Thank-God!)

I have a feeling that the snow might not return this year though: I bought a snow-shovel today.
;)

I wanted to tell you about some boutique cigars that I recently bought from Nadi cigars. Ever heard of them? Nor had I until I stumbled across their website.

It turns out that one of the cigar reviewer that I like to watch on the web has actually gone out and bought a cigar brand. (Holy Cow!) I assumed that since she does such a great job reviewing cigars that she probably wouldn't buy any ordinary brand, it must be something pretty special. So, I bought one of their sampler packages to check it out.

This is from their website:

The Ecuadorian Habano leaf wrapper on our Classic Habano line has moderate oils and is rich and smooth. The aroma has a slight sweetness along with leather and wood. The fine quality tobacco inside is a blend of aged Dominican Olor, Cubano and San Vicente long filler. Their superb construction provides a steady, consistent burn throughout the smoke making the quality of these medium bodied, well-balanced cigars notable. There are flavors of sweet wood and cream with hints of almonds and vanilla.

The Classic Habano line is available in seven vitolas, named after historical rulers:
  • Genghis Khan - A 5 7/8 inch long, perfecto shaped cigar that is 64 ring gauge at the thickest part in the center and tapers to a 38 ring gauge at both ends
  • Caligula - A Toro size at 5 3/4 x 52
  • Attila the Hun - A classic 6 x 60 sized cigar
  • Gilgamesh - A classic Churchill at 7 x 50
  • Ramses - A Torpedo shaped cigar 5 7/8 x 52
  • Alexander the Great - A classic Robusto at 5 x 50
  • Cleopatra - A smaller version of our Torpedo, at 5 x 50

Anyway, the last couple of days I've had an opportunity to try out a few of these sticks.

So what did I think? I liked them! Excellent draw, perfect burn, medium-bodied, plumes of rich creamy smoke, and a very consistent taste. Actually I thought the Caligula (Toro, 5 3/4 x 52), might have started out a little rough, but developed into a very smooth, rich flavored cigar. Very nice indeed. However, the Ramses (Torpedo, 5 7/8 x 52), has been my favorite so far. Superb cigar! Love that torpedo shape!

Would I buy them again? Yes, I believe I would. They're good cigars! Maybe not as sweet as some of the Nicaraguans that I like to smoke, but these are definitely worth it. If you are looking for something a little off the beaten path, you really ought to give these a try!

Side note: If you want to check out Nada's cigar videos, you can find her at: SmokingCigarGirl

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like an interesting cigar. Where did you pick these up at?

I was able to smoke a Brickhouse during this crazy weather. Nice to see the weather improve but I had no probably getting around in the Jeep.

Kirkland Cigar Club said...

I ordered the cigars from Nadi Cigars in Florida. Believe it or not, I placed the order on a Saturday, the following Monday was a Holiday, and lo and behold the Post Office delivered them on Tuesday. Pretty good service for $2.50.

I like Brickhouse cigars, solid stick for a good price!