Monday, March 19, 2012

Gran Habano Corojo #5


I had a nasty cold over the weekend and missed out on all the St.Patty's Day festivities - would have loved to have made it down to the Wilde Rover (Irish) Pub - it must have been super crazy, especially since St.Patty's day just happened to fall on a Saturday. Sheesh!

Anyhow, even with this nasty-ass cold, I still was able to get a cigar in this weekend - my weekend wouldn't be complete without one!

Gran Habano Corojo #5
Pyramid (6 1/8" x 52)

So what did I think? Overall, I liked it. Had a great draw, pretty good burn and a sufficient amount of smoke on each puff. Medium-bodied, definitely not mild. The start and finish were a little rough, but everything in between tasted great.

I paired it with a glass a bourbon. Heck, doesn't everyone drink whiskey when they have a cold?

Would I buy one again? Yeah, I probably would. These are somewhat inexpensive and I did like the taste and draw. Too bad they don't come in a box-pressed version...

Side Notes: Just a reminder about the Alec Bradley Cigar Event this Friday down at the Tobacco Patch from 6 PM to 9 PM. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully it'll stop raining by then...

4 comments:

Chris said...

I haven't had a cigar in like 2 weeks now! I really need to up my game. I'm going to Vegas next weekend so I'll be definitely smoking some cigars.

The only cigar I've ever had from Gran Habano is their Vintage 2002. Which you can get a bundle from CI for 40 bucks. They're damn good for 2 bucks a stick. They're hit or miss though. Sometimes they're plugged, sometimes they burn bad, and most of the time they smoke great. Though, I think it's only because the come from CI so wet that you gotta let them sit out and dry up a bit. Give it sometime and I bet every single stick will smoke great. I only ran into problems with it when I didn't let them age a little longer.

I went to a local Irish bar up here in Everett for St. Paddy's Day. Man, my brother and I sure did do some damage. We drank A LOT. Lots of Irish whiskey and some Irish beer. Thankfully it hit me after I got home and not at the bar. Surprisingly, the hangover wasn't very bad at all.

John Heflin said...

Nice job with the Irish refreshments.
I bet you guys had a pretty crazy night?
You going to be around on Friday? If it's not raining I'll be heading down to the Patch for the Alec Bradley event. Won't be there till around 8 ish though.

Chris said...

Depending on weather, I may stop by. It'd be nice to get down to the Patch again.

John Heflin said...

So far it looks like the weather is going to be OK. I'll send you a txt when I'm on my way down.
:)