Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tobacco Patch/My Father Cigar Event

Was down at the Tobacco Patch last Friday night for the My Father Cigars Event. What a great time! Of course I forgot my multi-million dollar digital camera at home, so I had to used the next best thing - my cheap-o cellphone. Hey, it's better than nothing, right? Anyway, you'll have to excuse the poor quality shots...  ;)


So after a delicious homemade Middle Eastern dinner that the owner's wife made for us, it was time to top off the perfect meal with an excellent after-dinner cigar: Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial. Nice choice...

Anyway, I lit-up my cigar and spotted an empty seat that had luckily just opened up next to the chair of one of the top dogs from My Father Cigars - Jose Ortega, Vice-President of Sales. He was here for the event with Don Hanes, the regional sales representative. They'd been making the rounds together in Western Washington and tonight was their last stop.

So while I smoke my Jaime Garcia cigar, Jose told me about the company, cigar blends, travel, food, family, etc., etc... He's a super nice guy and definitely passionate about his cigars. I easily could talk to him for hours! (Amazing how much he travels though - brutal schedule!)

You know I've told other people in the cigar industry this before - you're not selling a product, you're selling yourself. If the customer believes in you, they'll buy your product. Simple as that sometimes. Jose is truly the perfect person for this cigar brand!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the evening turned out, even with the occasional drop of rain, it still was a great time! Many thanks to Jose, Don and of course the Tobacco Patch for really going above and beyond organizing this event for us! Nice job guys! 



4 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like a great time. I wish I remembered about it and showed up. Oh well. There's always next time!

John Heflin said...

It was a good time! The weather could have been a little better, but overall it was a lot of fun! You would have liked it.

BTW, you may not have noticed this, but on the very bottom of the blog is an event calendar. ;)

Khaos said...

It was my first time out there, and I definitely enjoyed the great smokes, company, and food! And I actually thought the weather was perfect. Not cold or rainy, but not uncomfortably hot either. (I realise I'm in the minority with hating the sunshine! LOL)

John Heflin said...

You're definitely living in the right place if you hate the sunshine.

;)