Saturday, October 20, 2012

J Fuego Origen Toro Grande

Sr. Jesus Fuego signing a box of cigars for me at the WCSF...


Origen Toro Grande


So what did I think? 
Bottom line, I liked it! Delicious medium to full-bodied cigar, maybe more full-bodied, but not out of my comfort zone. The cigar itself is beautifully wrapper, good color, great feel, but more importantly, an amazing cigar aroma. In my opinion, this is what a fine cigar should smell like. Delicious!

Anyway, since its taste is a little more full-bodied, I like smoking these after dinner with a glass of Zaya or Zacapa rum, maybe a Courvoisier cognac, something to add to the peppery taste. I've tried it with Scotch and Bourbon, which aren't bad of course, but I think something sweeter works better. Heck, what do I know?

So how does it compare with my go-to cigars? Toraño Master and Oliva Serie G. 
Big difference. The Master and the Serie G I could smoke all day long, they're milder and sweeter, but when you want something a little more complex, fuller flavor, the Origen is an excellent choice. Thank God too, I've got a box of them!

If you haven't tried an Origen yet, you're missing out on a really good smoke. Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

Side note: The 007 Bond Event that the 10-7 Habaneros Club is putting on is already sold out. My lovely wife and I will be there dressed to the hilt! Should be a great time! I'll let you know how it goes. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: 
Cancel the peppery taste - I've smoked a few more of these over the weekend and they're actually much smoother, less peppery, than I had originally thought. I love 'em! 



No comments: