Monday, November 19, 2012

It must be November....

Dark, dreary, gray sky, and the relentless rain.Yes, it must be November. When people talk about how crappy the weather in Seattle is, generally they're referring to this month as their benchmark.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about a cigar that a friend of mine gave me a while back. I've never heard of the brand before, but that's not saying much.

Rio Salonika

Box-pressed, firm dark chocolate wrapper, not a bad looking cigar. 

So how did I like it? Meh... it was OK. Draw was lacking, didn't produce the big plumes of smoke that I like. Taste was different - I didn't think it was terrible or anything, but my lovely wife commented that she didn't like the taste at all. There were a couple of burn issues as well, but overall it wasn't bad enough to put out in the ashtray. 

Now had I not had a  J Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo No.1, right after this cigar, I might not have judge it so harshly, but the J Fuego is a truly spectacular smoke in every category - love those cigars!

Let me know if you've seen or tried the Salonika brand before? 

Side Notes: 
We're going to a little RSVP charity event over at the Vertigo Club tomorrow night - should be fun! Live jazz, cigars, and food - all for a great cause! If you're going, we'll see you there! 
;)



4 comments:

Chris said...

Be sure to get pictures from the Vertigo Event! Sounds like it'll be a fun time!

John Heflin said...

I charged the batteries on my camera last night - now I just need to remember to bring it!

Josh said...

The Rio Salonika is a cigar made for a guy who comes in to Lit all the time. I thought it was one dimensional - the cigar completely overpowers the San Andres wrapper. It looks nice, but in my opinion is below average.

Hef said...

Spoken like a Master - thanks for the comments Josh! Your opinions are highly valued here.
;)