H.R. 1639 / S. 1461 - Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act
Did you know that on April 26, 2010, December 20, 2010, and July 7, 2011 the U.S. Food & Drug Administration publicly posted their intent to regulate cigars in the Federal Register?
Some of the measures FDA could consider, as we believe they are, include:
- Ban on walk-in humidors, self serve cigar displays, and mail-order cigar sales;
- Ban on all flavored cigars, that are enjoyed by legal-age adults;
- Deface ornate, decorative cigar boxes, often considered an art form with grotesque images;
- Ban on cigar events where free cigars (samples) could be available to legal-age adults;
- Limits on cigar marketing and advertising;
- Imposition of new ‘user fees' [tax] on cigars, to finance regulations;
- Limits on special release and small-batch cigars, due to mandates that cigar blends be submitted to FDA for pre-approval before release;
- Limits on nicotine levels on cigars to near zero, severely impacting the flavor of cigars;
- Ban on marketing cigar merchandise.
We urge you to easily take action now by clicking the button below!