Tuesday, August 20, 2013

La Aurora Platinum 1903



I bought this cigar down at the Tobacco Patch a few weeks back when they were having the Miami Cigars Event. Out of everything that was on display, I was probably the most curious about this one: La Aurora Platinum tubos. I've come across these before, but I'd never bought any, mainly because they're kind of expensive.

Oh what the heck, I bought one...

I was told that this particular variety had a Cameroon wrapper, which I generally prefer if given a choice. So let's see what I thought...

One thing that I probably should have done before I bought this cigar was pull it out of the tube. Yes, I should have given it the "once-over". Why, you say? Well, you see the tube is actually a nice shape and size, but don't let that fool you, the cigar inside is quite puny. When I first took it out of the tube I said to myself: "is that all there is?" hah!

Oh well, let's continue...

Cedar and barnyard smell to this firmly wrapped cigar. Wondering if this will even last a half hour?

Thoughts on first puff - draw is a little tight, but it has a nice volume of smoke. Taste is OK - typical Dominican, smooth with a little pepper. As I smoked this I noticed that I was getting a little buzz - it's kind of a nicotine bomb. I recommend smoking this little devil nice and slow.

Finished the cigar in 40 minutes, but I'm sure I rushed it.

Would I buy one again? Unfortunately no. Just not my taste. Of course I'll be happy to smoke one if you want to give it to me, but I don't plan on buying it again.

If you're a big fan of Montecristo or Romeo y Julieta cigars, you're  probably going to love the La Aurora. Of course that's just my personal opinion...


Side Notes:
Lots of people down at the Patch on Friday and Saturday nights. Check it out if you're in the neighborhood! 
BTW, they're opening another coffee shop in downtown Kirkland. This one will be right across the street from Zoka and just a few doors down from Caffe Ladro. Of course Starbucks, Rocco's and Tully's are no more than a block away. What were they thinking? 

No comments: