Monday, September 23, 2013
Lit Newsletter 9/23/13 What's New at Lit?
New Products at Lit
- Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA - It's been a while since we had a new beer on draught at Lit. We're going to offer a seasonal selection, beginning with a great Fall beer from the original craft brewery, Sierra Nevada. The Flipside Red IPA combines the punch and hoppiness of an IPA without the added bitterness, thanks to the addition of three different malts. Try one this Fall!
- Pendleton 1910 Rye Whisky - Made from 100% Canadian Rye and aged 12 years in nearby Pendleton, Oregon, the 1910 Rye is a great introduction to the Rye category. It's balanced and smooth, but with the added spice that has made Rye whiskey one of the fastest growing categories over the past few years. Here's an informative review from the Drink Spirits blog.
- Laphroaig Triple Wood - Laphroaig is an Islay Single Malt well known for its bold, peaty profile. The Triple Wood has been matured in three different casks (bourbon, quarter casks, and Oloroso Sherry) to give it a touch of sweetness and more balance. This one is worth trying for Islay fans and is a great introduction to the style.
- Mount Gay Black Barrel - This sipping rum, aged in bourbon barrels for added character was such a hit during our event earlier this month, that we're having the lovely representatives from Mount Gay back again on Saturday, September 28 from 9-11pm. Come out to take advantage of some great deals on special cocktails featuring Black Barrel!
- La Flor Dominicana Factory Press Limitado - A new limited edition cigar from LFD, the Factory Press Limitado will only grace our shelves for a month or so, as we received only 60 cigars. Here is the lowdown on one of our favorite new cigars for 2013 from the halfwheel blog.
- La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli - Released in 54, 60 and 64 ring gauges, the Serie R Esteli is spicier and more reasonably priced than the original Serie R. Definitely worth a try for Nicaraguan cigar fans and lovers of big fat cigars!
WCSF Vendor Spotlight - La Flor Dominicana
trademarked Chisel shape, as well as the mammoth DL 700 and Digger cigars.
Another cigar we'll have available is the sought after LFD Mystery Event Cigar, only available at La Flor events. I've had a few of these and they are awesome. Here's a nice review of the Mystery Event Cigar from halfwheel that should build your excitement.
We'll be giving away five packs of this cigar with every box purchase during the WCSF.
For more info on the WCSF and to get your tickets, follow this link to the casino website.