Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Upcoming Events at Lit
We're less than a week away from the kickoff of our Summer Smoke Series!
Our first outdoor event of the summer will be this Saturday, June 21 from 5-9pm in the outdoor area near the casino valet.
We'll be joined by Tony Gomez, blender for La Flor Dominicana and creator of the LFD Chapter One cigar.
Also on hand will be David Kearns, craft whiskey specialist for Beam, as we feature their fantastic lineup of whiskies, including Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Baker's and more!
We'll have some great deals on LFD cigars, along with drink specials and prize giveaways all evening long!
If you're interested in our VIP event, A Night In Santiago, happening in Lit the same time as our outdoor event, there are still three spots available. Check this link for more information, and stop by Lit to reserve your spot before they're gone!
Spirits Spotlight - Islay Scotch
Pronounced "Eye-luh," the single malt whiskies from this Island region are known for their full bodied, peaty and briney profile.
Islay malts are great choices to pair with cigars, as they share some common characteristics - smokiness and richness being a few.
Here are some Islay malts to look for the next time you're in Lit:
- - Lagavulin 16 year old - Lagavulin is an intense, smoky-sweet single malt with seaweed flavors and a huge finish, aged in oak casks for at least sixteen years.
- - Bowmore Legend - Bowmore Legend's peat profile is much more subtle, and its honey sweetness and reasonable price make it a great entry point into Islay malts.
- -Ardbeg - Ardbeg malts are big and bold, and are perfect pairings for a strong spicy cigar. We have three in stock in Lit.
- - Laphroaig - Laphroaig malts can be rich and pungent, like the 10 year, or incredibly sweet and complex, like the port finished Cairdeas.
- - Bruichladdich Scottish Barley - The "Classic Laddie" is unique for Islay in that it's not peated. Bright and flavorful, and worth trying!
Lit Cigar Lounge
37500 SE North Bend Way
Snoqualmie, WA 98065